How to Safely Mount a TV on a Wall
Wall brackets are typically not included with TCL TVs so we’ll cover the different types of mounts and the pros and cons of each.
Why Should I Mount My TV?
Every TCL TV has the option of being able to be mounted on a wall. But what are the benefits of doing this?
The main reason is to free up more space in the room. A wall mounted TCL TV takes up less space than a table or stand and because they’re so thin they can be secured extremely close to the wall. They certainly make the room feel less cluttered and give it a modern finish.
Keeping cables and cords tucked behind the wall also makes a wall mounted TCL TV less of a trip hazard.
What bracket should I get?
When considering what bracket to buy to mount your TCL TV you have three options to choose from: fixed, tilt and full-motion. Let’s go through each of these and look at the pros and cons.
Fixed TV Wall Bracket
The fixed TV wall bracket is the most low-profile bracket and places the TV pretty much flush against the wall, like hanging a piece of art. Something like the Good Guys’ Ezymount Fixed TV Wall Bracket can hold TVs up to 80 inches wide, so it’s perfect for the Series C 75 inch.
- Easy to install
- Can be cheaper
- Can be a focal point for the room
- Screen isn’t movable once mounted
- Can make cable access difficult
- The angle of the TV can be adjusted for better viewing
- Ideal if you have to install the TV higher due to shelving or fireplace
- Easier cable installation
- Doesn’t sit flush against the wall
- Can be slightly more expensive than a fixed bracket
- Doesn’t have added flexibility of full-motion bracket
Full-Motion TV Wall Bracket
- Can be positioned at any viewing angle
- Useful if you vary your seating position
- Can be pushed back flush against the wall
- Good for awkward spots like corners
- Not suitable for larger TVs
- Can put extra strain and weight on anchor points in the wall
- The bulkiest and the trickiest to install
Ready to Wall Mount Your TV?
Here’s a video showing the step-by-step process of how to wall mount a TV:
However, if you truly don’t feel confident with this type of DIY project, don’t stress. Call up a professional to do the job for you.
That way there’s less chance of your TV hanging at a weird angle, not working or being broken because it wasn’t mounted properly. All you have to do is sit back, relax and enjoy your favourite shows on your new wall-mounted TCL TV.